Frequently asked questions
Read below answers to the most frequently asked questions of the moment.
Where is the starting point located?
All Antwerp by Bike bike tours depart and end in the center of Antwerp, at Vleminckstraat 15a, next to PRINTSHOP and near the Groenplaats. Please arrive 10 minutes in advance so you have time to pick out your bike before departure.
How can I reach the starting point?
The starting point of Antwerp by Bike is easily accessible by public transport and bicycle. If you come by car, you can park in one of the car parks nearby. For more information about how to get to Antwerp and parking in Antwerp: check Smart Ways to Antwerp. Please note: the Antwerp city center are a low emission zone (LEZ). The most polluting vehicles are no longer allowed in the city. It can also be very busy in the city center: avoid the center of Antwerp by car in weekends.
What if it rains?
First, it only rains 7% of the time in Belgium. So we usually keep it dry. Admittedly, that is of no use at all if you happen to be that one group cycling through the rain. Chance of rain? Then we ensure that your tour does not fall into the water:
- We offer you free disposable ponchos to brave the rain.
- Our guides will adjust the route so that you get less wet.
- You can cancel free of charge up to 24 hours in advance or move the tour to another time.
- You can also rebook your bike tour with Antwerp By Bike for a walk with Walking in Antwerp free of charge. We will refund the difference in price to you.
Can a tour start at any other location?
Did you book a private tour? In that case, it is possible to start on a different location of your choice:
- If you join the tour with your own bikes, you can choose any starting point that you like. Just try to choose a point that is near the path of the tour, so that the guide can start the tour right away from there.
- Do you use our rental bikes, and do you want a different starting place? We do not transport bicycles ourselves. However, suppose you are a large group (more than 25 participants). In that case, we can arrange an external supplier to deliver the bicycles at the desired location. Request a quote for this. The price will depend on the number of bikes to be transported (guide price: 10 euros extra per bicycle).
Can children join your bike tours?
Our tours are fun for all ages. In addition, we provide child seats and children’s bicycles if necessary:
- We provide free YEPP child seats for young participants.
- We offer children’s bicycles for children up to 12 years old.
- We have helmets available for anyone who wants it.
Opt for a private tour if you want a trajectory and story fully tailored to the youngest participants. In addition, we have developed customized tours for schools.
Can I cancel my tour free of charge?
You can cancel free of charge up to 24 hours in advance or move the tour to another time.
Am I insured during the bike tour?
No, participants cycle at their own risk and must call on their own insurance in case of an accident or damage.
Antwerp by Bike cannot be held responsible for any accidents during the activity. Ride carefully and safely.
Invoices and postcards can be emailed to us or (if you prefer) sent by post to:
Antwerp by Bike
For paying a private tour that you did not book online, you can use the bank account number BE44 0017 1818 4945. If you have booked such a tour, we will always send you a confirmation with the payment details first.
Our company number is BE 0546.810.873
Didn’t find the answer to your question on our website or among the frequently asked questions? Then contact us:
- Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us or send us a whatsapp on +32 497 18 53 45
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram – our hashtag is #antwerpbybike