COVID-19 precautions taken by Antwerp by Bike
Our bike tours take place outdoors and we respect the necessary physical distance. We are also taking additional precautions to reduce the risk of coronavirus infection.
What does Antwerp by Bike do to prevent contamination?
- We disinfect the handlebars and handles of the bikes after every use.
- The guide wears a mask and/or face shield during the tour.
- Guides that show symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to work.
- The guide will disinfect his/her hands before and after each tour.
- At the start of the tour, the guide will explain his/her expectations about safety and health measures during the tour.
- The guide will think extra hard about the place where he/she stops to explain: far enough from another group of people, without obstructing the passage of passers-by,…
What do we ask our visitors?
- Please book your tour in advance via our website.
- Please pay in advance ass well. If you make a reservation through our website, you can pay immediately online. For persons/companies that have not booked through the website, we ask to make the payment by bank transfer. If you have to pay on the spot for any reason, you should pay contactless. We prefer not to receive cash.
- We ask all visitor to bring a face mask. In Antwerp, everyone over the age of 12 must always have a face mask with them. Wearing a face mask is mandatory in publicly accessible buildings (e.g. our meeting point, libraries, museums, city locations, cinemas, …), on public transport, in shops and in busy places where you cannot keep a distance of 1.5 meters towards others.
- We ask visitors to disinfect their hands before and after the tour. Disinfectant handgel is provided.
- During the tour, we ask you to keep the necessary social distance (1.5 meters) between the other participants who do not belong to the same family or “bubble”.
- Please don’t participate in the tour if you show suspicious symptoms that may indicate COVID-19 infection (colds, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, increase to 38 ° C) or if you have been in contact with people with COVID-19 2 weeks before the tour.